NW Youth Alliance Premier Division match
played on Sunday, 6 September, 2015
at Egerton Youth Club, Knutsford, 2.30pm


ALTRINCHAM FC YOUTH (Pale blue and white striped shirts, pale blue shorts and socks), 1. Daniel HAVERN, 2. Alex ROBBINS, 3, Callum FISHER, 4. Callum JONES, 5. Harry DULSON, 6. Rhain DAVIS (capt), 7. Dominic NEWTON, 8. Brad ASPINALL, 11. Dominic O'GARA, 10. Peter IACOVOU, 11. Jude OYIBO. Subs: 12. Aidan YOUNG, 14. Ashley KNOWLES, 15. Aidan McGLOIN, 16. Kieran FURSE, 17. Joe CONWAY.


Spectators at this game had the unusual sight of watching an Altrincham team playing in blue and white stripes. Their opponents Hyde were in red. The hosts had the first serious shot, but Alty keeper Havern parried the effort from Hyde's number 11 (3 mins).

Alty's response was immediate as a 25-yard effort from Davis struck the outside of the Hyde upright. After 7 minutes, Altrincham threatened again as a fine run by Newton led to his shot being beaten away by the Hyde keeper for a corner. Despite another Alty corner, soon afterwards, from a mis-backpass by the number eight, and a subsequent corner for Hyde, the game remained goalless.

But Altrincham then took the lead. O'Gara battled for the ball in the Hyde box and it fell for Davis who stroked a low shot past the keeper to give his team the lead (16 mins).

Things threatened to boil over when the Hyde no.7 twice steamed in on Newton and the referee rightly booked him for the second offence. Indeed, the young referee was to have a good game.

Alty doubled their lead in the 26th minute when O'Gara smacked home a 20 yard effort.

And, just three minutes later, it was 3-0 as Iacovou's clever reverse ball fed Oyibo, who scored with a good shot (29 mins).

Altrincham's dominance was underlined by their winning the match's next three corner kicks and, from the last of these, a Davis lob just cleared the bar (39 mins).

Half-Time: HYDE FC YOUTH 0

In only the fourth minute of the second half, Altrincham went into a 4-0 lead when a move up the left, the flank which Alty greatly favoured in this game, led to a rising shot past the keeper by Davis (49 mins).

Alty soon made a quadruple substition in which Knowles, McGloin, Furse and Conway replaced Dulson, Davis, Aspinall and Iacovou (55 min). Just a minute later a fifth change occurred as Young replaced O'Gara for Altrincham.

The changes did not disrupt the flow of goals as Altrincham made it 5-0 in the 62nd minute when Newton scored from an acute angle, left of goal. Hyde seemed to suggest that the ball had gone in through a gap in the net but the goal stood.

After McGloin had seen a freekick saved, Conway was booked for deliberate handball (68 mins). Hyde substitutions continued. A shot from their no.15 forced a save from Havern (74 mins) as Alty took their foot of the gas.

However, there was a late bow for Alty when Robbins suffered an injury and had to be subbed (87 mins). The Hyde no.5 picked up a late booking for holding the advancing Oyibo before the final whistle signalled a 5-0 win for the visitors.

This win consolidated Altrincham's second place in the NWYA Premier Division.

Full-Time: HYDE FC YOUTH 0